Floating PV system
Specifically designed to be installed on large bodies of water such as lakes, dam reservoirs, reservoirs of pumped hydro storage stations.
- Floating solar PV farms decrease evaporation losses which reduce the rate of droughts in the area.
- Their installation doesn’t cause any loss of the land.
- They also reduce the formation of algae and hence the eliminate health hazard of drinking water (when deployed at a suitable scale).
- Capitalizes on the advantages of water-cooling effect which results in increased efficiency.
- Sunpave floating modules provide higher energy yield without a complex mechanical support structure compared to existing floating PV technology
- Tilting and self-tracking with no complex structure in water
- Easier cleaning of the horizontal surface of the units
- Can be designed to be walkable for use in wide marine walkways